Wright-Cromwell News: Sept 13 2018
How do your Cromwell Area Community Club's donations, membership and fundraising get put to use? Well, the CACC has donated to the Kaleb Anderson Memorial Playground; Dollars for Scholars; Tri-Community Food Shelf; Cromwell-Wright School's singing competition winners, band, Archery Club and Chilloween; city of Cromwell for the new ice cream freezer; Cromwell- Wright National Night Out; and Wrong Days in Wright.
Our Cromwell-Wright School is now into the second week of school. There are about 335 students in grades K-12 and a few new teachers and staff.
Arthur Matt Maki, 92, Cromwell, died Friday, Aug. 24, at Villa Vista Care Center. No services will be held at this time. Burial will be at the Minnesota State Veterans Cemetery in Little Falls, Minn. Art will be remembered by the Bethany memorial service members at Villa Vista in Cromwell on Oct. 15 at 10 a.m.
Bethany and Bethlehem churches will be doing a church directory Oct. 15-17. More information will appear in the church's October Be-Attitudes and in the church bulletins.
The latest TRIAD meeting was Sept. 5 at Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Wright. There was a discussion on the free Red Cross smoke detectors available in our area. If interested, just call 218-722-0071 and get your appointment. Red Cross representatives check your current detectors and make suggestions for better locations or to replace the old ones you may have.
• Thursday, Sept. 13 — Ruby's Pantry, 10-11:30 a.m., Cromwell Pavilion.
• Sunday, Sept. 16 — Sunday school "Rally Day," 9 a.m., Bethlehem, 10:30 a.m., Bethany.
• Wednesday, Sept. 19 — Wright Seniors games, 1 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 19 — Minnesota Deer Hunters Association 36th Annual Fundraising Banquet, Four Seasons Sports Complex, Carlton. Social hour, 5 p.m., dinner, 6 p.m.
• Saturday, Sept. 22 — Dan Reed's play, "Women of 1918," Moose Lake School.
That's all the news from "The Edge of Wright" and greetings to all the volunteers who helped make the Cromwell Area Community Club's Harvest Fest a huge success!